ArcFM Desktop 10.0.2 Release Contents
The ArcFM Desktop installer allows you to install ArcFM as well as the Designer, Fiber Manager, Conduit Manager, and Redliner extensions. Current licenses are required to run these ArcFM Desktop extensions. Contact Telvent for licensing information.
All new functionality in the 10.0.2 release is outlined at the Resource Center.
- Designer Express
- Fiber Manager
- Conduit Manager
- Network Adapter
- ArcFM Solution Mobile
- ArcFM Viewer
- ArcFM Redliner Extension
- Object Reader
- Upgrade Information
- Installation Instructions
- Sample Data
- Known Issues
Note: The ArcFM Solution 10.0.2 is supported on ArcGIS 10 SP2 and higher. Information for maintaining correctly synchronized ArcGIS and ArcSDE versions can be found on the ArcFM Solution Supported Versions web page.
Note: Depending on the functionality you use in ArcFM Desktop, there may be one or more Esri patches and hot fixes that should be applied. Further detail about known issues can be found at the ArcFM Solution Resource Center.
ArcFM 10.0.2 contains the following bug fixes:
- MM41856 - Applying an AU to "On Relationship Deleted" with certain relationship classes does not apply
- MM42277 - Command line geodatabase extract to a file geodatabase does not correctly load parameters from the configuration file
- MM42414 - ArcFM's AutoText does not implement IPersist and IPersistStream and thus is not compatible with ArcGIS' MPS-Atlas
- MM42510 - Cannot assign Delete Non Postable Features Action Handler to Session or Versions Before Post task in GDBM.
- MM42575 - Right-click features missing when locating features by related record on non-default version
- MM42617 - Execute method returns TRUE even if subtask fails to write a row to the posting queue table
- MM42721 - FM AU Check on Switches as junctions of > 2 should note at least one of the line feature objects id
- MM42763 - Single Phase Transformer gets selected in Select by Feeder when it shouldn't
- MM43075 - Sample QA rule fails in GDBM
- MM43241 - Inherit Voltage AUs missing from conductors
- MM43356 - FGDB replication does not handle all error codes when calling StartNewProcess
- MM43379 - Errors when starting/ending editing session if grouped WMS layers exist within the stored display.
- MM43523 - Using space to select checkboxes not saved
- MM43820 - Running Downstream Trace results in errors: INetElement::QueryIDs failed
Designer is an ArcFM extension, which allows utility businesses to integrate ArcFM editing capabilities with their existing Work Management system. A lightweight work management system called Workflow Manager is provided with Designer. Workflow Manager demonstrates Designer's capacity to create Work Requests and associated Designs, create sketches with Compatible Units and Work Locations, and save to the Work Management database. The Workflow Manager work management system also contains a Cost Estimate Engine, which provides cost summary reports of the Design contents.
Designer 10.0.2 contains the following bug fixes:
- MM43328 - Importing CUs doesn't prompt the user to select replace or append
- MM43384 - WORKFLOWSTATUS and WORKFUNCTION make fields uneditable when outside a design
Designer Express 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
Fiber Manager is an extension for managing and analyzing fiber optic systems. It is a set of tools and reports that connect, maintain, and manage an organization's fiber infrastructure. Fiber Manager provides robust functionality for managing fiber splices, patch panel port connections, circuits, OTDR outage traces, fiber availability analysis, and numerous reports.
Note: Fiber Manager will require converting your SDE to use ESRI's Global IDs since release 9.3. Fiber Manager is the only ArcFM tool that requires use of Global IDs. Please see the Fiber Manager configuration help for complete upgrade steps.
Fiber Manager 10.0.2 contains the following bug fixes:
- MM42565 - ArcFM Fiber Availability' autoupdater can cause incorrect glass/segment length when fiber cable is split
- MM43012 - Different coordinate system seems to cause problems when splitting fiber optic cable with multiple splice points
- MM43104 - Connection Manager can take several minutes to open for gigantic patch location sites
- MM43108 - Configuration Guide: Wrong login for copying Fiber schematics
- MM43654 - When SpliceType alias contains space, Connection Manager crashes but error is given that SpliceType alias MAY contain spaces
Conduit Manager is an ArcFM extension composed of tools that provide users with the ability to add trenches and conduits, display and update cross-section annotation describing underground conductors within conduits, manage underground facilities (e.g. manholes or vaults), and navigate the underground network.
The Underground Facility Manager (UFM) allows you to create and manage underground structures. Existing Conduit Manager tools allow you to create and configure a network of conduit and ducts within that conduit. UFM provides the ability to create and manage the underground structures that connect the conduit. You may create duct banks and ducts to which the conduit is associated. UFM provides the ability to assign conductors to duct banks and ducts.
Conduit Manager and Underground Facilities Manager 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
Network Adapter Classic provides users with an interface to export a selected feeder from the geodatabase and import it into a third-party analysis tool such as CYMDIST, Electric Solver, or a MultiSpeak compliant analysis engine such as Milsoft. The third-party analysis tool must be installed and tested before installing Network Adapter. It is critical to test the analysis tool before installing the Network Adapter application.
Network Adapter Classic 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
The Smart Operations Solution provides open integration of Responder, OASyS SCADA and Distribution Management System (DMS). The integration connects all three systems with two-way channels for exchanging subsets of real-time data keeping the systems synchronized. Additionally provided is an interface to export selected feeders from the geodatabase into DMS so the baseline analysis done in DMS is consistent with the GIS. To view information related to the full Smart Operations Solution, please see the Smart Operations Solution ReadMe.
Network Adapter DMS 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
Mobile functionality is installed with ArcFM. To use this functionality, it must be configured. Information about configuring is available in the Mobile section of Configuring the ArcFM Solution.
ArcFM Solution Mobile 10.0.2 contains the following bug fixes:
- MM42016 - Create Mobile Design and Annotation Feature Classes issues
ArcFM Viewer 10.0.2 contains the following bug fixes:
- MM43243 - Nested relationships failing to be created properly
ArcFM Redliner Extension 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
The ArcFM Object Reader provides ArcFM custom geo-objects that allow read-only access to ArcFM data in the geodatabase. Object Reader may be used only with an ArcFM geodatabase and when no other ArcFM Solution product is installed.
Object Reader 10.0.2 does not contain any bug fixes or change requests.
All upgrade information is now contained in the Configuring the ArcFM Solution help documentation as well as on the ArcFM Solution Resource Center.
The ArcFM Solution 10.0.2 installers act as complete installers. ArcFM Solution 10.0.2 requires an upgrade to ArcGIS 10 SP2 or higher be complete before ArcFM installation.
- If you have a version of any ArcFM Solution product installed, use the installers as complete installers. Uninstall any existing ArcFM Solution applications before installing ArcFM Solution 10.0.2
- You may use the installers as an upgrade if 10.0.2 is currently installed. Leave the 10.0.2 products installed and run the 10.0.2 installer using the setup.exe. New prompts will remind you of other installers you need to run to have a fully functioning ArcFM Solution.
License Manager: ArcFM Solution 10.0.2 requires the 9.2 or later version of License Manager. You must uninstall all previous versions of License Manager if you wish to use License Manager 10.0.2.
Anti-Spyware: Before installation, disable all anti-spyware applications as they may interfere with installation. They may be restarted after installation is complete.
Perform the following steps, in sequence, to install ArcFM Desktop:
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the ArcGIS system requirements. These requirements are available at http://support.esri.com/.
- Ensure that your hardware and software meet the ArcFM system requirements defined at the ArcFM Solution Supported Versions web page.
- You will receive your ArcFM Desktop installers as a downloaded zip file from the Telvent web site. Unzip the file and browse to Setup.exe. Double click Setup.exe to begin installation.
- A dialog will inform you that the set up program installs ArcFM Desktop. Click OK.
- You will be prompted for your license information. Select an option. If you know your license server, enter it in the field provided or browse to it using the Browse button. If License Manager is already installed on the same machine, the option to install it is disabled. Click OK.
- At the Welcome screen, read the installation information and click Next>.
- At the License Agreement screen, follow the instructions to access and read the license agreement. Click Next>.
- At the Installation Type screen, select ArcFM Solution or ArcFM Viewer. Click Next>.
- At the Destination Folder screen, browse to the folder in which the application should be installed. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner. Click Next>.
- At the Select Installation Type screen, choose Typical, Complete, or Custom. The Typical installation is best for most users. The Complete installation includes administrative tools and extensions which require valid licenses before they may be used. When you install ArcFM in Complete mode, Designer, Designer Express, Conduit Manager, Fiber Manager, and Network Adapter are installed as well. The ArcFM Viewer Complete installation includes Network Adapter and Redliner. To enable any of these extensions, you must have a valid license and it must be selected in the License Manager Desktop Administrator. Each time you uninstall an older version of ArcFM and install a new version, be sure to reselect the appropriate licenses in the Desktop Administrator.
- At the Ready to Install screen, click Next> to initiate installation.
- The installation will conclude with a Finish dialog. The Finish dialog will inform you whether you need to reboot your computer. Please follow the instructions on this form to conclude the installation.
- If you chose the Typical or Custom installation type you will receive the option to install additional components (such as the Software Developer Kit). Select the components you wish to install (if any) and click OK.
NOTE: If users experience problems where they are unable to save stored items in a versioned geodatabase, ArcSDE's MAXBLOBSIZE and
MAXBUFSIZE settings may be set too low. Telvent recommends setting these values between 10MB and 20MB. Please refer to the ArcFM Solution Online Help for more
information on how to change these settings.
Silent Installation Instructions
The 10.0.2 installers may be run silently as upgrades in some scenarios. If installed on the same machine as other ArcFM Solution products, the following four products must be uninstalled first: ArcFM Desktop SDK, Geodatabase Replication Server, Responder Server, and Responder Client. After these products have been removed, all remaining products may be run as upgrades, followed by a reinstall of the products listed.
To perform an unassisted install of ArcFM Solution 10.0.2 products:
- Open a Command Prompt.
- Enter msiexec followed by the /i install option. For example: msiexec /i.
- The zip file that you downloaded from the Miner & Miner web site contains Microsoft installer (.msi) files. Append the name of the desired installer file to your command. For example: msiexec /i ArcFM_Desktop1001.msi.
- Following the installation file, enter these parameters:
- APPMODE (required) - This parameter may be 1 or 0. 1 = ArcFM; 0 = ArcFM Viewer. For example: APPMODE=1.
- ADDLOCAL (required) - This parameter should always be set to ALL. For example: ADDLOCAL=ALL.
- REMOVE (optional) - This parameter allows you to remove specific components from the installation. Enter a feature name from the list at the bottom of this page. These are case sensitive and must be entered EXACTLY as shown. You may enter multiple components and separate them with commas (no spaces). For example: REMOVE=Electric_Solver,Gas_Tools,Mobile_Admin_Tool.
- INSTALLDIR (optional) - Use this parameter to indicate where the ArcFM Solution product will be installed. The default is C:\Program Files\Miner and Miner\. If your path includes spaces, it MUST be enclosed with quotation marks. For example: INSTALLDIR="D:\Program Files\MyInstallPath"
- Following these parameters, you may enter an option that modifies the user interface.
No user interface (silent install)
No user interface except for a progress bar with a Cancel button
Reduced user interface with no dialog box displayed at the end of the installation
Full user interface including any dialog boxes displayed at the end of the installation
No user interface with confirmation message at the end of the installation
Basic user interface with a dialog box at the end of the installation. Dialog box is not displayed if the installation was cancelled
- /qb -
Basic user interface with no dialog boxes
- /qb - !
No user interface except for a progress bar; Cancel button is removed
- Press Enter to initiate installation.
A sample installation might look like this:
msiexec /i ArcFM_Desktop1001.msi APPMODE=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Network_Adapter INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\My Install" /qb
In the example above, ArcFM 10.0.2 will be installed without Network Adapter. Only a progress bar with a Cancel button will be displayed in the user
Designer Calculation Tools
Secondary Analysis Tools
Cable Pulling Tools
Designer Staker Desktop Tools
MultiSpeak 2.0 (MilSoft)
MultiSpeak 3.0 (DMS)
Gas and Water Tools
Process Framework Administration Tools
GDB Replication Client
Visit the ArcFM Solution Installer Downloads page for sample data.
- Address Tools – Reverse Geocoding tools are not compatible with composite locators.
- Address Tools – In ArcMap Only, pressing enter after filling in all required fields on the address or direction search forms will not fire find. In order to fire find, the user must click on find manually, or press Alt+F . If the form is docked the user must manually select Find.
- Address Tools – Any address locator that is to be used on an SDE instance must be stored within the SDE instance. The locator file can not reside on the users machine. This limitation does not exist for ArcFM Server 10.0.2.
- ArcFM Data Source Wizard – When using the Data Source Wizard to change data sources on stored displays and/or documents that contains joins or relates, know that after changing the data source for these stored displays or documents, the joins and relates will have to be redefined. Due to an ESRI issue, sources for joins and relates will not be able to be transferred.
- ArcFM Data Source Wizard – Using the Data Source Wizard to change the source database for stored displays or documents with complex joins may result in corruption. If using the tool, be prepared with a back up of the system tables.
- Conduit Manager AutoUpdaters – Due to the ArcGIS architecture, if you assign AutoUpdaters to BeforeFeatureSplit and AfterFeatureSplit events for a Conduit feature (as well as any simple edge feature class), these events won't fire. This is due to ESRI not calling BeforeFeatureSplit or AfterFeatureSplit events for simple edge features, when these features are split by connecting additional network features.
- Conduit Manager Cross Section Annotation – If you have a Conduit feature with an associated cross – section annotation, and you split this Conduit feature, your cross – section annotation will disappear. The split Conduit feature is perceived as two new Conduit features by ArcFM.
- Developer Help - The Software Developer Kit (SDK) installs a Microsoft Help 2.0 (*.hxs) version of the ArcFM Solution Developer Guide. Microsoft Help 2.0 requires that Microsoft Windows SDK or Microsoft Visual Studio to be installed on the local machine. If you do not have either of these installed and wish to view the Developer Guide, you may download a Microsoft Help 1.x (*.chm) version. A .zip file with this Developer Guide is available from the same download location as the ArcFM Solution installers.
- Editing – The Esri Feature Construction toolbar does not activate for ArcFM Edit Tasks.
- Feeder Manager – Feeder Manager's TraceAllFeeders function sometimes incorrectly registers as "de – energized" a single – phase tap off of a conductor that is a multifeed (i.e., features belonging to the tap have an incorrect NULL value for their FeederID field). This problem only afflicts sites where the "Use conductor phasing" checkbox is checked in the Feeder Manager Settings dialog in ArcCatalog. You can repair TraceAllFeeders in this case by running Trace A Feeder on each of the feeders that participate in the multifeed circuit in question, or by editing to eliminate the multifeed and then re – running TraceAllFeeders.
- Geodatabase Replication – Any feature class that uses the ESRI option to register as versioned with edits moving to the base will not be recognized and replicated using ArcFM Geodatabase Replication.
- Locator Tools – Locator tools now utilize ESRI dockable windows which do not provide a default key; therefore, typing search criteria and pressing the enter key does not initiate the search. The user must click the Find button. (9.2)
- Login – ArcMap crashes with annotation features in the stored display when using a Direct Connect login unless an environment variable is set. See the Login help in the Using ArcFM documentation to set this variable. MM27057
- Login – Changing logins in the middle of an ArcMap session will result in a second SDE connection. MM17449
- Mobile Designer – Design Optimization is not supported in mobile.
- Network Adapter/CYMDIST – It is recommended that you not have CYMDIST open as a standalone application while you are using Network Adapter. If you do so, the buttons within Network Adapter may not function properly. In certain instances, running CYMDIST in the background with Network Adapter open can cause some of the Network Adapter tools to fail and show runtime errors.
- Network Adapter/Synergee – If the path for the Model and Equipment databases is the same as the Synergee Sample Model and Equipment databases, then Synergee will not start from ArcMap. Comment out the path to the sample data located at <install dir>\Stoner Software\SynerGEE Electric 3.7\Macro\Startup.srf (9.2 SP3)
- Process Framework Filter Bitmaps – These bitmaps disappear if you have a newer version of PVOutlookBar.ocx in the System32 directory. To resolve, uninstall ArcFM, delete PVOutlookBar.ocx from the System32 directory, and reinstall ArcFM.
- Process Framework – An automation error will display in the event log if Send/Receive Mobile Data is executed when the Process Manager is launched without ArcMap also running, due to a change in the ESRI licensing structure. (9.2)
- QA/QC Tool – When executing QA, if the only validation rules set in the ArcFM Properties Manager are ESRI validation rules, then only one error is visible after executing QA/QC. There may be several errors on a particular feature, however only one will show up at a time. After correcting the QA error, any subsequent errors will only be displayed if QA/QC is executed again.
- SDE connections – When defining an SDE connection in ArcCatalog, do NOT save the username, password, or version in your connection.
- Smart Operations Solution – Restore dialog with a single phase device with NormalPosition A, B, and C all closed fails with an error. (MM41027)
- Stored Displays – Basemap Layers are not supported in Stored Displays and Stored Documents.
- Stored Documents – There is a memory leak in stored documents.
You can review all new functionality in the release at the ArcFM Solution Resource Center. In addition, the Resource Center also offers the latest Using and Configuration Guides for each product. You can view this information before installing the latest release.
To install the ArcFM Solution SDK Documentation, the Microsoft Windows SDK or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 must be installed.